Thursday, February 15, 2007

Today's work


Here's the quilt I've been spending my day on. It belongs to my husband's Aunt. She had a set of blocks, a block layout, and asked if I'd put it together and quilt it. This is how it's coming together.

It's at my favorite stage (the quilting, surprise, surprise!). I'm treating it rather traditionally, and am loving it. I haven't done one like this in a long time. The star blocks are getting a continuous curve treatment, and the open blocks are getting lovely feathered wreaths. The border has a partial undulating feather with parallel lines going from centre to outer edge.

I was talking to some ladies today and promised a tutorial on how to convert a photo to a quilt pattern...for making portrait quilts. I've done the preliminary work for putting a tutorial together (taken a bunch of photos of the process) and will continue to put it together. I'll just not be posting it today, as I'd originally intended - SORRY! I'll keep putting it together and will post it all here once it's done.

Happy Stitching,

Lisa

1 comment:

QuiltNut Creations said...

gorgeous blocks Lisa