Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Creativity Exercises 6

Today I downloaded a trial version of Corel Paint X - it's a larger version of the Corel program that I have here (Essentials, I think?) that I normally use for my digital drawings...uh,oh. It's awesome. It's got all the things that I already like about the small version, just with waaaaaay more tools, types of paper surface, etc., etc., etc. This was my 15 minute drawing exercise today - a silly closeup portrait of Youngest from a photo taken of him while he was listening to music.

The illustration Friday challenge this week is 'crash'...I have a few ideas for it, but haven't sat down to make them happen. The Cherub quilt is really on my illustration mind right now. I think the final border ideas are worked out (well, thumbnails look right!), so the next step is to do a large scale drawing. - Hopefully later tonight.

Tomorrow is my publisher's deadline for anything being released specifically for MQX. I submitted my big project about 2 weeks ago, and am totally excited about it. I'll be accompanying Jodi to the show this year in April, and am so revved up I can hardly wait. I've never been to a really big show like that before! I am looking forward working in the Willow Leaf Studio booth and hopefully meeting many of the people that I correspond with via computer. If you're going to be at the show, take a minute to drop me a line. I'd love to meet you.

Back to stitching!

Lisa

No comments: