Thursday, December 14, 2006

Customer Quilt



As promised, here are some pictures of Tracy's quilt. The photos don't really do it justice, but that seems to be par for the course lately.


The quilt is all velvet and batiks- a word of caution if you're thinking of doing this yourself: this is a bit of an unruly combination! Tracy is an amazing piecer and I know that she had trouble with this one. She brought in some gorgeous variegated King Tut thread to go with it, and chose a double batting of BlackHobbes 80/20 with a layer of Hobbes Wool on top of it. Very cushy and warm. The backing is a sateen sheet - I had my doubts about how the sheet would work at first, but the type of weave that it was gave me no trouble at all on the machine.

She opted for geometric stitching (which I did freehand) that seems to go really well in this masculine quilt for one of her sons. Unfortunately the colour in the photo leans toward purple on my monitor, when in reality it was a deep, rich blue with green combination.

I'm part way through my next customer quilt, a friendship quilt made for a birthday gift. It's wild and fun and full of generous-hearted sentiment.

Happy stitching,

Lisa

1 comment:

Ramona-quilter said...

Lisa,
I love this quilt. The jewel
tones are so rich and vibrant. I
like the square spiral - it works
well for men. Thank you for
sharing.