Friday, January 19, 2007

More about the Hummingbirds



My sister made the LONG drive from Kaslo today with her lovely kiddies to come see us for the day. I got to return her NY Beauty quilt to her and pick her brain about the final borders for this little quilt. Here's what came of that!

Thanks to everyone who gave input on an earlier post...as you can see, we've kind of split the difference - the lightest green is in the top right corner, echoed with a little lighter colour in the lower left. It's almost imperceptible in the photo, but the bottom border is a little wider than the sides, which are a little wider than the top. It's only a smidgen of difference, but it does add a little more weight to the bottom while keeping the top airy and open. We talked about no borders at all, as an alternative, but finally decided that we liked it better a little contained. It just makes it look a little more finished.

Now to QUILT this baby! I'm really looking forward to the next piece here, with the embellishment and quilting. I don't know if you can see it in the above picture, but I've already started chalking in some guidelines!

For a customer right now I've got this gorgeous piece of Chinese Silk on the machine. I'll trapunto some of the areas for her, then she'll make it into a duvet cover. I think it's going to be sumptuous and beautiful. I'll post a pic if I can, once it's done.

Happy stitching!

Lisa

No comments: