Sunday, May 04, 2008

The return of Blossom Girl


I've had a rather interesting weekend this weekend....some of which I'll share with you down the road (but not yet).


One of the lovely things that this weekend has afforded me is the chance to continue painting Blossom Girl. I get to spend a couple of hours today putting the shadows into the roses, making the dark purple much more - defined. The photo above is a progress photo (bad angle), and the second photo is with all of the dark purple completed.

There are still areas that I'd like to make a little darker, either with thread or with more ink. It helps to look at the photos on this scale, as I can see things in the image that I'm missing when I look at her regularly.


I'm excited about finishing her soon, and am looking so forward to finding out what she'll look like all stitched up.

Hope you're having a good weekend,

Lisa

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

I'm so glad to see blosson girl again!

QuiltNut Creations said...

she's beautiful

arlee said...

She's coming along just beautifully!! Can't wait to see her quilted.

Jo Raines said...

Blossom Girl is gorgeous! What a beautiful work of art.