Monday, May 12, 2008

Mom's Day fun



I got to spend my Mom's day relaxing and working on things I wanted to do...one of which was a set of stitch markers for a friend at school. I hope she likes the star ones...the large one is the row marker one.





When we were in Nelson on Friday I'd picked up a few sets of charms that were destined to become stitch markers, as well as some other lovely jewelry-making tidbits.



I made this other little set for myself...I'm going to have to start a marker-heavy project of some kind. I've found myself looking at lace patterns (shawls, mostly)...is it completely backward to start on a knit project JUST so that I can use lots and lots of markers? Nah, I didn't think so either.

:)


And last night I finished my Noro socks...the first pair...and started my second pair.

This wool is too yummy for words, now I know what the fuss is about. I love it, too.

A little abrasive to work with (with the occasional stick or twig in there), but it softens up considerably.

The next pair are also Noro (a different colourway), using the Jaywalker (may only be available to Ravelry members) pattern. I'll stripe them working from opposite ends of the skein....love that look on other's projects, can't wait to see what it looks like on this one.

Happy stitching,

Lisa

2 comments:

Suzanne Earley said...

Hmm. I Might have to reread your stitch marker tutorial and make some for my mom.

But not today. Today is last minute getting ready for MQS. I just wish I didn't always put it all off until the last minute....

The socks are gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend!!! Just wanted to let you know that Noro is coming out with Silk Garden sock yarn!!! Preorder at Yarnmarket!