Sunday, May 25, 2008

In pursuit of the perfect privy

Thanks to all of you who read my last post and talked or wrote to me. I really am okay - this came at the right time in our lives, it's the right thing to do, and today I feel really quite good (aside from the aches and pains associated with packing large chunks of steel up and down stairs, doing a couple (or more) dozen squats while putting the machine together, punctuated with two 3 hour stints sitting, driving)!

It was a tremendous gift for me to share the excitement of the recipient getting her machine - and all of the wonderful feelings that brought back for me. She's at the beginning of her adventure...I know it will bring her amazing things, as it has for me. It's a powerful thing to be a part of that piece of someone else's journey.

In the 'looking forward' department, my DH has been hard at work on a project for the property as we wait for the initial (and rather fundamental) building to take place.

A privy of prodigious proportions...

Never one to do things halfway, my fella has built a modular privy that incorporates our old screen door from this house, as well as cedar shake siding... and the crescent moon that is so symbolic, so archetypal, so associated with the private, contemplative moments so important in our daily rituals - no, no one will mistake this for a garden shed! It is what it is.

I love the way he thinks.

I'm very lucky that way.

To all of you who have been though large, perplexing changes,

I remain, simply,

Lisa

No comments: