Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Manchester walkabout

I had some time this morning and got to spend an hour or two walking around down town, around the area the the convention is at.

This little piece of paper caught my eye....


It gave me quite a laugh...



And you know me, once the camera is out I'm incorrigible.


The city is quite pretty to me. I'm definitely from wood-built-building country. Everything here is brick. The sidewalks, the buildings, and many old woolen mills along the Merrimack river.

And from time to time, you come across these wonderful manhole covers:


Aren't they just wonderful? I don't think that they custom ordered them just for the quilt show, but there's some lovely Grandmother's Flower Garden Variation stuff going on there.




Oh, and I found a little remnant of times past in a back alley not to far from our hotel. Just imagine what this sign must have been for...a dance hall? A movie theatre? A roller rink?

Who knows. Once you go up the stairs all there is is an empty lot. Kinda sad.

And......
be forwarned.....





I did it again. Hopefully this is the last time.

(I know my parents are probably cringing right now, thinking, "why couldn't she just bring back a t-shirt, like everyone else?")

:)

Lisa

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

It was great to see you and Jody tonight! I noticed your new jewel and wondered if I had jsut missed it in previous photos. Tshirts are underrated!

Debra Dixon said...

that's the same thought I have when a new tattoo shows up on my son or his girlfriend. . . . *wink* Y'all are braver than I am!

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

hehehehe.If all you did was bring t shirts home they would say "that girl, doesnt she know there are other things besides t shirts?"...Lol love it.

Anonymous said...

Good shot of the Stardust sign. I get the same kind of feeling about old farmsteads or maybe a derelict gas station on the side of road. Manhole cover was good too, Every thing has a story to tell.

QuiltNut Creations said...

woo hoo Lisa lol!