I had a little time this morning while expecting a customer, so I popped the 'saved' fabric from the other day on to the machine and got going.
I love doing these little pieces. They go on and off the machine so quickly, it makes for a very nice completion rush!
I started out with yellow thread, just stitching around the shapes and adding some pebbly bits for texture..
Next a light celery green thread, more shapes, more pebbly bits, plus a few 'ghost' flowers for interest's sake.
Last of all I did some darker green thread. I'd thought originally that my darkest colour on this would be a deep purple pushed into the darkest shadows for some colour tension, but it didn't really need it in the end. The darkest green was sufficient. Any purples that I auditioned looked almost black on the fabric surface, so I nixed that in a hurry.
The final shot here is of the fabric before taking it off the machine. You can see where I used the darkest green to stitch a vertical line...that's my cutting line. I want to use part of the fabric to make a journal cover with a flap. The flap will have an uneven edge, so a cutting line is stitched for that, too (top left hand corner), to make sure that it will be a nice marriage between the cut edge and the fabric motifs.
Now, the next fun bit, making the book!