Saturday, February 02, 2008

sad, sad news.

I mentioned in one of my previous posts that I'm volunteering, teaching knitting in one of the Grade 7 classes at our school...
this week one of our students died suddenly in a tragic accident. He was only 12, and it has impacted the school in a huge way. The staff started a wall in the hallway where the students can post their memories of him, things that were his, letters to him and photos. It is so hard, so raw. It's impossible to make sense of a life with so much potential taken so suddenly. My heart aches for his family.

L

4 comments:

dot said...

It is so sad when anyone passes but when one so young and we can't make sense of it. I guess we all learn a lesson, life if valuable.

Vicki W said...

Oh, how devastating. I'm so sorry for all of you.

Debra Dixon said...

My heart always breaks when I hear this kind of news. Hopefully you can make a difference somehow with your presence at the school. Sometimes kids need an ear-even from someone who comes to teach them to knit.

Randi said...

Oh I am so sorry to read this. His poor family...