Monday, January 28, 2008

An evening work-in-progress...

I'm making a top down, fit-as-you-go raglan cardigan from some wool that I bought for my knitting machine (which I've been unable to get working properly, yet!). The pattern is one that I found through Ravelry, but is available here.

I've actually done quite a bit of knitting this winter, a real change for me. Usually I just knit one sweater and a pair or 3 of socks, but this year I've knit at least 4 pairs of mitts, several hats, at least 3 pairs (maybe more) of socks, a vest (which is waiting on one skein of yarn so that it can be completed), a sweater, and now this sweater. I've found that I can knit while waiting for one of my sons at piano lessons, and that has upped my productivity considerably!

So, with this current WIP, I need to decide now how much waist shaping I want to do, and whether I want long or short sleeves. Hmmmm....

By the way, I'm volunteering these days at the Elementary School, teaching knitting to the grade 7 students. It's a laugh riot, and they're all very enthusiastic! We're making fingerless mitts like the ones I posted here. I hope to get a picture of all of their hands together with their mitts on when they're done.

Stay warm and cozy,

Lisa


3 comments:

Vicki W said...

That's going to be a ver flattering sweater.

Debra Dixon said...

OH, I Love the looks of that sweater! How I wish we could wear sweaters here.

QuiltNut Creations said...

love the color for the sweater

i taught hand sewing to grade 7 and 8 before Christmas-it was a blast.