Sunday, March 11, 2007

Spring must be coming


This morning we could hear birds singing! It's pouring rain...we're expected to get about 16 cm through the weekend.

DH was working out in the back entryway and called to say the woodpecker is back! Spring is here. While we were sitting watching it work (and all the damage it's doing to the bark of our tree) another one came to join it. I didn't manage to get a picture of both birds, but we sat and watched them for quite a while. You can see in the background that we still have LOADS of snow. Everything is melting quickly with the rain,though.

Today is our last hockey day for oldest, too - another sign that spring has sprung. We get to play a parents vs the kids game, so I'm preparing to have my butt soundly kicked by my 9 year old. I think I was his age the last time I held a hockey stick.

I blocked the Bacchanalia overnight, and spent most of the day yesterday dying binding to match the colours in the vines. I used every drop of Celadon dye that I have. The binding is now made and heat set, the quilt blocked and ready for its final squaring. I'll get going on it after I finish my tea. It occurred to me last night that I have to make a label, too! I'd completely forgotten.

I'll post my binding method how-to later today.

Happy Stitching!
Lisa

No comments: