Wednesday, March 07, 2007

More stitching

It's coming along...it's a good thing I listen to audio books, or time would go really slowly. Much as I enjoy the satisfaction of watching this come together, it is tremendously slow going at this stage.
I am, however, going through a LOT of thread.

Here is where I pause to go to school and get Youngest and his friend. I'll not probably get back to it again until after dinner now.

I meant to mention before that any of the pictures here can be clicked to show better detail.

Once these main shadows and structures are in I get to put in the deeper shadows. I'm starting to really look forward to that. I'll probably turn things right way up then, as it's so hard to remember which way the shadows go with it upside-down.
I've included a little picture of me working at the machine and roller set up for those who aren't familiar with this style of machine. It also gives a bit of a sense of scale to things. The piece is 40" wide, each of the lattices is 2" wide. The machine itself is hand guided, I don't have a computerized version.

Lisa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying seeing this come together! Thank you for sharing all of the detail photos. It's beautiful!