Wednesday, October 25, 2006

And there was light!

The only real casualty of my recent foot upgrade was my onboard flourecent light bulb - who knew you couldn't stick a screwdriver right through the glass of the bulb without consequences? Ah, well. I've spent the last couple of weeks quilting with a flashlight clamped to the side of the machine to try to better light my work area - not a great solution, but a passable one. My lightbulb (and a spare) arrived today - yippee! It's amazing how much of a difference good lighting can make.

I had to include the picture of the above quilt because 1) it's lovely. 2) It's amazing how many of these fabrics I have in my stash, or have had in my stash at some point! It's almost like deja vu, - I've not had this degree of synchronicity with a customer quilt before...(I think I hear the twilight zone theme in the background)
I'm looking forward to finishing it in the morning. I'm almost caught up now from the time lost to doing the machine upgrade.

Cheers,

L

No comments: