Thursday, December 30, 2010

Unable to leave well enough alone

 I tried to be happy with the way the beginning of the book was...but I just wasn't.  January was any learning should be...and the rest of the book was clean and lovely.

I woke up this morning thinking,"I bet I could disassemble that book, print a new January, and reassemble it again". As it turns out, it's not so hard to take apart a coil bound book, if you're careful and don't try to take out too many pages at once!    I carefully slid the pages out, printed new ones, then put them back in.

You'd think I would have been happy with that.

But that's where you'd be wrong.

I kept would be nice if there were some contact pages at the beginning for all those numbers  that our family needs to have close to the surface.  And some more pockets would be nice.  And some dividers - one at the end of June, one at the beginning of September....

I took it all apart again.  I folded and punched, stamped and glued, and put it all back together again into a really lovely book that I feel very good about. If I'd left it as it stood last night, I would have thought - this could be better... and never felt quite right about using it.
All things considered, it went together rather well.

Fave details:
  • It doesn't necessarily look like a homemade planner, but definitely has a hand crafted feel
  • It has pockets and dividers where I want them, where they will be used
  • room for notes and miscellany in the back (no doubt also for notes on how to make next year's one even better yet!)
  • The heaviness of the sketchbook paper
  • The portable size
  • The colours
  • Little reminders here and there to 'do art'.  That's my main goal for the do more art.


1 comment:

swooze said...

You are TOO cute! Glad you got it just as you wanted.